Thursday, September 18, 2008

a short while ago

A loud alarm sounded from a clock reading 7am. For a moment I wondered where I was. I reached out to shutoff the alarm.

I saw a fan rotating in a counter-clockwise direction. There was a slight breeze emanating from the fan.

I pondered the meaning of the word "hipster." Over time my curiosity faded.

I looked at my dog and yawned in the same moment that my dog looked at me and yawned.

While walking across the yard, I noticed I was walking into the wind.

A butterfly flew across my path. It did not pause to beg my pardon.

Among millions of green blades of grass, a few had tiny purple, or yellow flowers.

Crickets chirped loudly from a bush along a path. As I approached, the chirping stopped altogether.

A spongy, fushia-colored stalk protruded vertically fom the ground. When I brushed it with my foot, it was uprooted and fell sideways into a horizontal position.

No comments: